About ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria
ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria or HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and important management purpose pass is an internationally recognized preventative system for reassuring food safety.
Hazard analysis could be a science-primarily based and systematic method to spot potential dangers to health area unit vital management purpose could be a purpose step or procedure at that management may be applied and an ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria (food safety hazard) may be prevented, eliminated, or reduced to acceptable levels, because it was designed to be used within the entire food trade from growing, process, producing, distributing and marketing food for consumption as necessary to stop foodborne diseases, however conjointly to scale back remembers and facilitate corporations save cash.
The Centers for illness management and bar estimates that 48 million individuals get sick because of one or another of 31 pathogens. About 128,000 individuals find themself within the hospital, whereas 3000 die annually, between 1998 and 2008 7757 foodborne illness outbreaks were half-tracked poultry accounts found 19 of deaths because of foodborne ill health associated with eubacteria and bacteria. It had been developed within the late 1950s by the Pillsbury Company, the analysis Laboratories, and NASA. They engineered a high-quality system to make sure food safety for the program in 1974, the office incorporated HACCP within the rules, because of outbreaks of true bacteria in canned goods.
In 1993, the Codex Alimentarius commission provided the primary international definition for the problem. And in 2000, ISO 22000 was developed with major contributions to food safety management systems HACCP has become quite normal for food safety system needs the potential hazards area unit known and controlled at specific points within the method. This includes biological, chemical, or physical hazards. Any company ISO 22000 Certification In Nigeria to reduce or eliminate food safety hazards in their product.
Hazard conception is predicated on 7 principles.
- Principle 1 conducts a hazard analysis – The applying of this principle involves listing the steps within the method, and distinguishing wherever important hazards area unit probably to occur.
- Principle 2 spot the Critical management Points – A critical management purpose CCP could be a purpose, stamp, or procedure, at that management may be applied and a food safety hazard may be prevented, eliminated, or reduced to acceptable levels.
- Principle 3 establishes critical limits – A critical limit CL is that the most and or the minimum price to that a biological, chemical, or physical parameter should be controlled at a CCP to stop eliminate, or scale back to an appropriate level.
- Principle 4 the incidence of a food safety hazard principle for monitor CCP – The HACCP team can describe observation procedures for the measure of the critical limit at every critical management purpose.
- Principle 5 establishes corrective action – Corrective actions area unit the procedures that area unit followed, once a deviation in a very critical limit happens. Also, an investigation should be conducted to determine what caused the deviation and the way to stop a repeat.
- Principle 6 verification – Those activities apart from the observation that confirms the validity of the effort arrange, which the system is working in keeping with the arrange.
- Principle 7 documentation – A key part of the effort arrange is recording info which will be wont to prove that the food was created safely.
The ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria or HACCP system should be planned upon a solid foundation of necessity programs, like sensible producing Practices GMP s and normal operative procedures. They supply the essential environmental and operative conditions that area unit necessary for the assembly of safe wholesome food. This area unit some examples for GMP’s and sops.
For more: ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria