ISO 14001 certification
ISO 14001 certification is one of the most popular international standards designed to provide a requirement for environmental management system. It is been published by ISO, which is an international organization that are been accepted worldwide. An environmental management system is commonly known as an EMS, which comprises of best practices, plans, processes, policies, records and documents that defines the rules and laws related to environmental aspects. According to organizations, needs and expectations the requirements are decided, and it is not mandatory to meet every requirements by an organization. The standard provides a framework and guidelines to create an effective environmental management system so that your organization does not miss any of the important factors for the system to be successful.
5 Steps to Get ISO Certification
More about ISO 14001 certification:
Taking care of our work premises and preventing our organisation from causing bad impacts on the environment are the main important challenges that are faced by businesses today.And one of the biggest benefits of implementing the environmental management system is that, it provides a recognition to your organisation, due to which many organisation come forward to work with you stating that you can care enough to reduce the environmental footprints. This can build a good relationship with the public, customers, interested parties and other stakeholders for your company and it also brings the other benefits. By having a good credibility many organisation could save their money through environmental management and implementation system and this can be obtained by reducing all kind of accidents and incidents which might cause liabilities like reasonable insurance cost preserving energy and other materials through efforts.and all this can be done only by implementing the requirements of environmental management system by cost control.
Structure of ISO 14001:
The recently updated version of ISO 14001 was done in the year 2015 in order to match with the latest environmental impacts and thinkings. It uses a structure called as an an ANNEX SL, it is a high level structure that consists of a common Framework for all the management system standards of ISO. This high level structure help the organisation to keep its consistency aligned with or integrate with other management system standards and builds a common language or a bridge between all the standards. It is one of the easy solution to incorporate the environmental management system into their business processes that would enhance their efficiencies and get more involvement from the top management. The high level structure is common among all the management system standards because it has a basic concepts such as a requirements, policies, plannings, objectives, controls, measurements, decision-making, conformities and non conformities, corrective actions and preventive actions that are common with other management system standards. So common structure helps the organisation to implement the standard more effectvely that of the same basic requirements.
Benefits of ISO 14001:
There are many benefits when it comes to ISO 14001 standard now let us see few of them
- It helps your organisation by improving the credibility and image by assuring interested parties or customers the hard you have a complete commitment towards the environmental impacts.
- It acts as one of the cost control factor by considering all the factors related to environmental incidents
- It uses an evidence based decision making in order to get an accurate data so that you can take a better decision on what are the things to improve
- It creates a culture of continual improvement, because every organisation would work to get an improvement towards their processes so that their work is carried out in a systematic way
- It helps to provide and competitive advantages in the supply chain of designs
- It helps to meet all kind of legal requirements whether it may be from the government or it may be from the clients or any interested parties
- It manages all kind of applications related to environmental consistency
- it is one of the generic international standards that can be applied to any organisation irrespective of their size, type or nature of business as the main aim is to provide the requirements so that all the accidents and negative impacts can be reduced