ISO 14001 Certification in Kenya is the international standard for environmental management systems (EMS) and is the most commonly utilized EMS worldwide, with more than 360,000 ISO 14001 certificates issued globally.
ISO 14001 is the principal management system standard that specifies the specifications for formulation and maintenance. This allows you to manage the environmental impact of your business, decrease impact and ensure compliance with the law. Research has shown that as much as 70% of all office waste can be recycled; However, only 7.5 percent of it is recycled at the facility.
ISO 14001 Certification in Kenya is accompanied by ISO 14004 Environmental Management Systems General Guidelines regarding the principles, systems, methods, and methods. The standard addresses are establishing the foundation, implementing, maintaining, and developing an EMS.
What exactly is Environmental Management?
Managing your organization’s effect on the environment is an essential aspect of your company regardless of the industry you operate in. An environmental management program provides a framework to make decisions and changes to processes to enhance the environmental performance of your business. Alongside being better for the planet, getting ISO 14001 certification in Kenya can also help you gain control over your costs and other tangible advantages.
What subjects does ISO 14001 Certification in Kenya include?
The top standard ISO 14001:2015 covers the following areas of the management of environmental issues:
- Contextual description of the organization
- Performance evaluation
4001:2004 vs. 14001:2015
The revision for 2015 of ISO 14001 introduces several changes from earlier versions. An in-depth description of these changes is available within this ISO 14001 presentation by the ASQ Energy and Environmental Division.
In the efforts to organize all ISO standards in the same manner, The ISO 14001:2015 revisions comprise:
- Incorporating a mandatory higher-level structure.
- Using mandatory definitions.
- Integrating standardization as well as clauses, requirements, and requirements.
10 critical areas that will be affected by the revision of 2015:
- Expansion of EMS coverage and the scope
- Interactions with external parties are required.
- New rules for leadership engagement
- Legal compliance requirements have been expanded
- Planning based on risk and controls
- New requirements for documentation
- Increased operational control requirements for operations
- Changes in competence and knowledge requirements
- The impact of this on the internal audit process
- Costs for certification increased
What are the benefits of ISO 14001 Certification in Kenya?
The ISO 14001 Certification in Kenya standard has numerous benefits for companies with Environmental management programs. Companies and organizations find that the standard can help them:
- Improve resource efficiency
- Reduce waste
- Lower costs
- Ensure that environmental impact is being evaluated
- Gain a competitive advantage in supply chain design
- Increase the number of new business opportunities
- Meet legal obligations
- Improve trust between customers and stakeholders
- Enhance the overall environmental impact
- Control your environmental obligations in a consistent manner
Environmental Management System Requirements
The ISO 14001 standard is built on the high-level design that the other ISO Management System Standards adhere to. ISO 14001 is not a directive document. Instead, it outlines the requirements needed to help organizations attain the goals they want for their environmental management systems.
An Environmental Management System (EMS) obliges organizations to:
Conduct the Initial Environmental Review (or equivalent) to determine the possible environmental effects and environmental implications on the premises and processes, and products.
- Create and track targets and objectives for the environment.
- comprehend external and internal issues and other interested parties that are relevant to the environment
- Develop the Environmental Policy declaring a commitment to the sustainable development of the domain.
- create an Environmental Aspects and Impacts Register
- Create an Environmental or Management Manual addressing the provisions in ISO 14001 ISO 14001
- Develop methods to deal with the monitoring of the environment when needed.
- incorporate the risks and opportunities of environmental protection across the entire business
- Ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that staff are skilled and knowledgeable about the environmental management system
- monitor environmental performance
- Plan actions for emergencies and limit the ecological harm
- Control environmental non conformances, and take corrective actions for severe or frequent non conformances
- Conduct internal audits to assess the environmental management system
- Ensure that the top management reviews the design of environmental management.
Why choose Factocert Consultant Company for the ISO 14001 certification for Kenya?
Factocert is one of the top ISO 14001 Certification consultants in Kenya. We offer top ISO services, CE mark, HALAL, and HACCP certifications with training, auditing, and documentation at a low cost. Additionally, we provide assistance in Kenya cities such as Nairobi, Kisumu, Eldoret, Malindi, Garissa, and other cities.
Our services in Kenya.
- ISO Certification.
- CE Mark Certification.
- HALAL Certification.
- GMP Certification.
- HACCP Certification.
- CMMI Certification.