The ISO Certification in Canada describes not only the requirements for the Quality of products or services process by which products are manufactured. Therefore, in this QMS standard, the whole organization must have a Quality Management System.
Therefore, ISO Certification in Canada is not just about the Quality of products and services but also the quality management system for the entire organization.
An organization can benefit significantly from ISO 9001 Quality Management System when it implements it effectively.
Regardless of the organization’s size, type, or activities, this QMS standard by the business community/industries. In addition, ISO 9001 Certification has many benefits and advantages.
As a reference for the user, we have provided ISO 9001 Certification Guidance below.
- Organizations that implement QMS will enhance their overall productivity. ISO 9001 implementation requirements are given in clause # 4 to clause # 10 of the QMS Standard – If you look at these requirements between clauses 4 and 10 – you’ll find that they cover the all-standard business practices of all key processes/activities of the organization – regardless of the organization’s size, type, or activities. We will be able to enhance the organization’s productivity by implementing the QMS Standard business practice requirement in the organization – which covers the entire needs of the organization. As a result, this will provide a profitable approach to organizations where only effective implementation and practice are required.
- Customer Satisfaction – The objective of a quality management system is to provide consistently high-quality products and services that meet the customer’s needs. As the QMS adopts the process approach methods in requirements, the customer requirements are met, and overall customer satisfaction is achieved.
The ISO 9001 Certification provides many additional benefits, which help the organization become the most successful organization in the business community, along with these key benefits.
Guidance for ISO 9001 Certification process
An organization can obtain ISO 9001 certification once its Quality Management System has been implemented.
The following documents may require to be maintained/prepared by the organization
- Flowcharts of processes
- Policy on Quality
- Objectives for Quality
- Procedures for critical processes/functions
- Records of internal audits
- A history of management reviews
- Measurement and monitoring records
As well to the above documents, several other documents may be required depending on the organization’s type, size, activities, etc…
It is hoped that the Guidance for ISO 9001 Certification process will help understand the benefits of ISO Certification in Canada and the ISO 9001 Certification process, including the required documents.
For More Information Visit: ISO Certification in Canada