ISO 45001 Certification in Kenya is the world’s international occupational health and safety standard. It is designed to protect workers and visitors from workplace accidents and illnesses. ISO 45001 certification was developed to protect against any risks which could cause employees or businesses irreparable damage. The standards result from the efforts of an advisory committee comprised of health and safety experts who examined alternatives to the management of systems that include ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. Additionally, ISO 45001 was designed to take various existing occupational safety and health standards, including OHSAS 18001, into consideration and the ILO’s standards for labor conventions and safety guidelines.
Benefits of ISO 45001 Certification in Kenya
Below are the main advantages that come with associating with the ISO 45001 framework:
- Set up the necessary controls to ensure compliance with the law to ensure legal compliance. ISO 45001 Certification in Kenya can help you to set up operational controls that can take into consideration potential risks and risks and the law and other requirements
- Enhance health and Safety Awareness – the OH&S management system assists organizations in raising awareness among employees about Occupational Health and Safety risks by ensuring that workers play an active part in safety and health issues.
- Improve your reputation – Obtaining accreditation to this standard gives an acknowledgment that you have reached an international standard and getting noticed by clients who are worried about their social responsibility
- Reduce absenteeism by improving the management of H&S hazards. You will be able to safeguard employees while reducing absenteeism and turnover rates.
- Reduce insurance premiums by proving that you have a successful occupational health and safety system that is in place. Many companies will benefit from lower insurance costs
- Improve the Management of H&S Compliance Issues ISO 45001 Certification in Kenya helps improve your organization’s ability to deal with compliance concerns with regulatory requirements while reducing the total cost of downtime and incidents.
- Better manage health and safety risks. The standard will assist you in determining the hazards to your health and safety related to your work activities and attempt to eliminate them.
How do we get ISO 45001 Certification in Kenya?
It’s pretty easy to get certified after establishing an ISO 45001 Certification in Kenya management system. However, indeed, the International Standards Organization (ISO) does not offer certification, which means you’ll need an approved third party to would like to be certified. These are the steps for getting recognized according to ISO 45001:
- Create and implement and implement an ISO 45001 management system
- Make an appointment for the audit through an approved third-party
- An auditor will examine your procedures and procedures to ensure that your compliance
- If necessary, address any identified compliance issues during the audit.
- If you’ve met all the specifications, you’ll be issued the ISO 45001 certificate
Many companies hire an expert to guide them through ISO 45001 Certification in Kenya implementation and certification process. The advantage of this process is that you’ll have an expert advisor who understands the specifics of the standard. This means that you don’t need to do the research by yourself.
Health and safety management software such as Factocert can help make the certification and compliance process easier to access. A central software system can help keep an eye on all the data you’ll need to demonstrate compliance. As a result, it will help you improve how you manage your business risks and avoid incidents.
What makes ISO 45001 a good idea for your business?
Undoubtedly, the implementation of ISO 45001 Certification in Kenya benefits the company. As previously mentioned, the number of large and small companies which have already adopted OHSAS 18001 (the predecessor of ISO 45001) is already significant and increasing. This is because ISO 45001 brings all the advantages of OHSAS 18001 but with the addition of some brand new ones. Here are a few of the benefits:
Enhance the image of your business and increase your credibility. By making sure that your customers know that you have committed to maintaining and establishing the proper management of occupational safety and health, you will increase your brand’s appearance and sales by cutting down on the amount of OH&S incidents at work and letting them know that your company is taking responsibility for its employees.
Improve control of costs. One thing that every business is looking for is a price decrease. The OH&SMS can assist with this by boosting the ratings of insurance firms while decreasing accidents involving occupational safety and health, which could cause lawsuits and damage the company’s image.
Make decisions based on evidence. For example, suppose you ensure that you’re using reliable information to determine what you can improve on. In that case, you’ll increase the likelihood that your efforts will succeed the first time instead of having multiple failed attempts. Additionally, by using this information to monitor your progress, you can adjust these improvements before they go “off the rails,” making it easier to save money and time.
Establish a culture of continuous improvement. It is possible to continuously improve your processes and decrease the risk of occupational health and safety to enhance your public image and lower your expenses through constant improvement. If a culture of continuous improvement is established, employees constantly seek ways to strengthen their processes, keeping the OH&SMS more straightforward.
Engage your employees. If you can be employed by a company concerned about occupational safety and health, and one that doesn’t generally, people will choose the first option. If you can get your employees involved in helping to help reduce your workplace dangers to safety and health, they will be more likely to engage and commit.
Alongside the advantages previously mentioned, the change between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001 brings:
- For more information on issues with OH&SMS
- Increased employee involvement and leadership in the OH&SMS
- Risk-based reasoning for the OH&SMS as well as for OH&S dangers
- The alignment of OH&S policy and goals with the direction and strategy of the business
- Integration of the OH&SMS in the business processes of the company
- A simplified syntax, language, and other terms.
Why should you choose Factocert Consultant Company for the ISO 45001 certification in Kenya?
Factocert is one of the most reputable ISO 45001 Certification consultants in Kenya. We offer top ISO services, CE mark, HALAL, and HACCP certifications with auditing, documentation, and training at affordable prices. We also assist in Kenya cities like Nairobi, Kisumu, Eldoret, Malindi, Garissa, and other major cities. For more firstname.lastname@example.org.