ISO 27001 Certification in Kenya is an international standard that establishes a framework that outlines a framework for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) to guarantee confidentiality and integrity, as well as accessibility to information and compliance with the law. Therefore, ISO 27001 certification is essential to safeguard your most important assets, such as client and employee information, branding, and other confidential data. Furthermore, the ISO standard provides an approach based on the process to initiate the implementation and operation and maintain the ISMS.
ISO 27001 Certification in Kenya implementation is an ideal solution for responding to legal and customer requirements, such as the GDPR and the potential security threats, which include the threat of cybercrime privacy breaches, cybercrime vandalism/terrorism/fire/damage theft, misuse, and the spread of viruses.
What is the reason why Information Security is important for you?
ISO 27001 Certification in Kenya standard in understanding the various methods to implement An Information Security Management System that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and accessibility of information through the risk management procedure. Thus, implementing an information security program that complies with the standards of ISO/IEC 27001 enables your organizations to evaluate and manage the risks to the security of the information they encounter.
ISO 27001 Certification in Kenya individuals will prove they have the expertise to help organizations implement procedures and policies for information security specifically tailored to their requirements and encourage continuous improvement of management systems and the operations of organizations.
Furthermore, you’ll show that you possess the skills required to aid in integrating the information security management system into the company’s procedures and ensure the goals are realized.
What are the 14-domains of ISO 27001 Certification?
14 controls are recorded in Annex A of the ISO 27001 Standard, composed of segments A.5 to A.18. The segments are arranged as follows:
- Information Security Policies (Annex A.5) This will ensure that its practices for information security guide the guidelines developed to be implemented by a company to protect information. Auditors carefully scrutinize the records of the company’s procedures before granting ISO 27001 certification in Kenya.
- Organization of Information Security (Annex A.6) The document is concerned with the company’s roles and obligations and management to ensure data management’s security.
- Human Resource Security (Annex A.7) — It helps ensure that your contractors and employees can fulfill the roles and duties related to the security of information processes.
- Management of assets (Annex A.8) Management of Assets (Annex A.8) The process deals with classifying, managing, and protecting sensitive information.
- Access Controls (Annex A.9) Access Controls (Annex A.9) gives a framework to control access for employees in line with business needs. It also includes managing user access to user responsibilities and access control of the application and system.
- The use of cryptography (Annex A.10) is the method by which the security of data encryption and the control of confidential data is possible. It is the use of cryptography to ensure the security as well as the integrity and accessibility of information.
- Physical and environmental Security Procedures (Annex A.11) This document assumes an organization’s environment and security. It blocks unauthorized access to hardware, software, or sensitive data files.
- Security of Operations (Annex A.12) Operations Security (Annex A.12) makes sure that backups and the necessary protection measures are in place to protect all information in the company. It analyzes the security weaknesses that the computer system has.
- Communication Security (Annex A.13) Communications Security (Annex A.13). This is about the network’s security that allows communication information within the organization and with clients.
- Systems Acquisition Maintenance, Development, and Acquisition Method (Annex A.14) The section focuses on the security needs of an organization’s internal systems and the processes that offer services on open networks.
- Supplier relations (Annex A.15) (Annex A.15) The document is the contract the company should sign with suppliers or other third parties on handling the information they obtain.
- Information Security Incident Management Practices (Annex A.16)This is about adopting the best practices for responding to security-related issues. It defines those roles as well as responsibilities in handling any security risk.
- Information Security aspects of the Business Continuity Management (Annex A.17) The document makes sure that the company is equipped with effective business continuity and an information security plan to address any major challenge.
- Standards for Conduct (Annex A.18) Compliance Practices The process entails being aware of the nation’s and the industry’s requirements for regulatory compliance and ensuring that your management process is constructed in a way that is compatible with these laws.
How to get ISO 27001 Certification in Kenya?
Organizations have different challenges to address and differing readiness levels for their systems. But, these steps can be applied to the majority of organizations during their efforts to comply with the requirements of the ISO 27001 Certification in Kenya standard –
- You must get the consent and commitment of management to conduct this ISO 27001 Certification in Kenya.
- Establish a policy on information security by the specific objectives it aims to accomplish.
- Define the definition of ISMS.
- Conduct a risk assessment of current security practices using the most appropriate approach.
- Find and implement risk-reducing measures and measures.
- Perform ISMS Internal audits.
- Perform an ISO 27001 certification in Kenya for ISMS conformity by a non-governmental body.
- Conduct annual surveillance audits following the ISMS certification to ensure that you are in full conformity.
Why do you need to choose Factocert Consultants Company for ISO 27001 certification in Kenya?
Factocert offers Kenya’s best and most trusted ISO 27001 Certification Consultation Service in Kenya. We offer the most stringent standards of ISO Certification, CE Mark, HALAL Certificates, and training, certification, and auditing at the lowest cost. HACCP certifications are also available. We also help Kenyan cities such as Nairobi, Eldoret, and Malindi.
For more, firstname.lastname@example.org.