BIFMA Certification in Oman stands for Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association. BIFMA handles testing for safety, durability, and standards in the office furniture industry. It ensures office furniture is commercial grade and can stand more than 9 hours of use per day.
What is BIFMA Certification in Oman?
BIFMA is a not‐for-profit trade association for business and institutional furniture manufacturers. Since 1973, BIFMA has been the voice of the commercial furniture industry.
BIFMA sponsors the development and refining of standards, educates on their importance and application, and translates the complexity into more easily understood and implemented formats.
These standards, founded on centuries of craft and enhanced by ever-advancing science, embody the latest knowledge of safety, ergonomics, and sustainability.
BIFMA promotes sustainability throughout the life cycle of commercial furniture. We offer statistical and educational resources to our members and the public and reach out to regulators, consumers, and international partners to foster value and innovation.
BIFMA ANSI Benefits of Purchasing Approved Furniture in Oman
- When purchasing chairs, there are some distinct advantages to purchasing furniture approved by ANSI and BIFMA.
- While the cheaply made non-BIFMA-approved furniture available at the local office supply or big box store may be technically safe, when purchasing BIFMA-approved furniture, you are also receiving peace of mind that you are receiving a high-quality product.
- Beware of “Meets ANSI/BIFMA requirements.” You’ll find this statement on many chairs found in big box stores. Who is certifying that the chair meets these requirements? Beware if the chair is not a CERTIFIED ANSI/BIFMA model, so you know what you are getting.
- BIFMA-approved furniture meets rigorous standards for safety and craftsmanship. So, you can feel confident in the fact that any piece of BIFMA-approved furniture will not only be well-built, durable and long-lasting but will also promote a working environment that is functional and healthy.
- When a healthy work environment is promoted, there is likely to be an increase in productivity and a decrease in work-related injuries or accidents.
- Many of these inexpensive products are foreign-made and notorious for only lasting about a year, requiring ongoing replacements. These products also typically don’t provide ergonomic adjustments. They are one size fits all.
- Outside the realm of BIFMA are the fabrics used on these types of cheap chairs. If you have purchased one in the past, you already know the fabric starts fraying and cracking after 6 months to a year. There’s usually no 90-day warranty on these chairs.
- Compare that to high-quality ANSI/BIFMA-certified American Made laboratory , which typically provides long-term warranties of 5 years or greater.
- For your next laboratory furniture purchase, look for ANSI BIFMA-certified laboratory chairs for high-quality products, peace of mind and effective use of your budget
How to find a BIFMA Certification Consultant in Oman?
The process of getting BIFMA certification in Oman has never been easier. This is because we are one of the leading providers. To learn more about us and the services we provide, you can write to us at email@example.com or visit our official website at www.factocert.com. Our help desk personnel will be available 24/7 to register your certification requirements and will arrange a face-to-face meeting with our certified expert or at least a call conversation at the earliest to understand your certification requirement better.