What is ISO 45001 in Nigeria?
ISO 45001 Certification in Nigeria is a global consortium of national standards institutes from more than 160 countries. International standards are developed and published by this non-governmental organization.
One of the most important functions of ISO is to promote the international coordination and unification of industrial standards. By doing so, we can ensure that our products and services are safe, reliable, and quality. It also helps businesses access new markets, increase efficiency, and cut costs.
ISO 45001 in Nigeria is the first international Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) standard. Organizations can use it to improve their OH&S performance. In many quality management systems, the Plan-Do-Check-Act model is used.
Experts developed the standard from more than 60 countries. It is based on the existing OH&S standards of Australia, Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
ISO 45001 Certification in Nigeria applies to all organizations, regardless of size, type, or sector. Organizations can use it to improve their OH&S performance and manage their OH&S risks.
The standard is structured around the following elements:
• Context of the organization
• Performance evaluation
Organizations that implement ISO 45001 will be able to improve their OH&S performance and reduce the number of workplace accidents and injuries.
Why is there a need for ISO 45001 Certification in Nigeria?
ISO 450001 Certification in Nigeria is a country located in West Africa. The country has a population of more than 190 million people. The Commonwealth of Nations, the United Nations, and the African Union recognize Nigeria as a member state.
In terms of GDP, the Nigerian economy is the 24th largest worldwide according to ISO 45001 Certification. Oil and gas are abundant in the country. Nigeria is also a major producer of cocoa, coffee, and rubber.
Nigeria is a country with a high rate of workplace accidents and injuries. In 2013, there were more than 24,000 workplace accidents in Nigeria.
Why should Nigeria obtain ISO 45001 certification in Nigeria?
Occupational health and safety (OH&S) is the first international standard related to occupational health and safety (OH&S) published in March 2018. ISO 45001 certification in Nigeria can help organizations improve their OH&S performance and prevent work-related injuries, illnesses, and fatalities.
Several benefits are associated with ISO 45001 certification in Nigeria, which include:
1. Improved OH&S performance: ISO 45001 certification can help organizations improve their OH&S outcomes by identifying and controlling health and safety risks.
2. Reduced accidents and injuries: By implementing ISO 45001, organizations can reduce the number of accidents and injuries at work.
3. Reduced absenteeism: ISO 45001 can help to reduce absenteeism by improving OH&S conditions at work.
4. Improved morale: Implementing ISO 45001 can improve morale among workers as they will feel that their employer is committed to their safety and health.
5. Increased productivity: Improved OH&S conditions can increase productivity as workers work more safely and efficiently.
6. Improved reputation: ISO 45001 certification can help improve an organization’s reputation as a safe and healthy workplace.
7. Reduced insurance costs: Organizations certified to ISO 45001 can benefit from reduced insurance premiums as they are less likely to claim workplace accidents and injuries.
8. Access to new markets: Many organizations now require their suppliers to be ISO 45001-certified, so certification can help organizations access new markets.
9. Greater employee motivation: Employees are often more motivated to work for an organization certified to ISO 45001, knowing that their safety and health are a priority.
10. Improved compliance with legislation: ISO 45001 assists organizations in complying with occupational safety and health legislation.
ISO 45001 certification in Nigeria can bring many benefits to organizations, both large and small. By implementing the standard, organizations can improve their OH&S performance, reduce accidents and injuries, and increase productivity.
How can an ISO 45001 consultant help your organization in Nigeria?
An ISO 45001 consultant can help your organization in Nigeria by guiding how to implement the requirements of the ISO 45001 standard. The consultant can also help you develop and implement a management system that meets the standard’s requirements. In addition, the consultant can provide training on the ISO 45001 standard and how to implement it within your organization.
What are the advantages of working with an ISO 45001 consultant?
An ISO 45001 consultant can bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to your organization. Here are some of the advantages of working with an ISO 45001 consultant:
1. They can help you comprehensively understand the ISO 45001 Certification in Nigeria standard and how it can be applied to your organization.
2. They can provide expert advice on developing a Management System (OH&SMS) that meets the requirements of the ISO 45001 standard.
3. They can help you identify and assess the risks and hazards associated with your organization’s activities and develop appropriate control measures to mitigate them. We can help you develop and implement OH&S policies and procedures aligned with your organization’s strategic objectives.
5. They can provide training and awareness-raising programs for your employees on the requirements of the ISO 45001 standard and how they can contribute to effectively managing OH&S risks.
6. They can provide ongoing support and advice to ensure your OH&SMS remains effective and compliant with the ISO 45001 standard.
For more information visit: ISO 45001 Certification in Nigeria