ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania is one of the most important steps to producing safe food, safety, and quality of the product is the necessity of any industry. ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification is an international standard that ensures quality products or services and safety management systems in food or any other industry. It also ensures certain quality management practices are implemented as well as a certain level of knowledge and expertise to control and evaluate risks to food products and services.
How to Set Up an ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania
ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania – Health and Safety Management System (HASS) is an international standard set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and supported by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) that helps you to identify, evaluate, and manage risks to the health and safety of people who use, supply or manufacture a product or service. ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania is a pre-requisite for any company that wishes to manage food safety for their business.
Mandatory for all businesses dealing with food and services related to food including hotels, restaurants, grocery stores, etc. ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania is implemented to maintain the high quality of food products from all stages from production to distribution as well as service providers such as hotels, restaurants, catering, etc.
ISO 22000 is a quality management system standard. It defines the requirements for an organization to document its food safety management procedures effectively and efficiently. The main intentions of the standard are to diminish the risks of health hazards generated by food-borne pathogens and toxins and to reduce the occurrence of operational mistakes that may lead to food safety incidents.
ISO 22000 Certification Tanzania: Benefits, Risks, and Cost
ISO 22000 certification in Tanzania is mandatory for suppliers of food products or those organizations whose activities have a direct or indirect impact on their quality.
The main benefits of ISO 22000 certification in Tanzania are:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Reduced loss and reputation damage
- Reduced costs and expenses
ISO 22000 certification process in Tanzania includes:
- Assessment (takes around 1-2 weeks)
- Verification (takes around 4-6 weeks)
- Certification (takes around 4 weeks).
5 Tips to Help You Comply with ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania
ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania, also known as the Food Safety Management System, is a management system that is used to ensure that food products are safe for human consumption. This standard is used in sectors such as agriculture, food manufacturing, healthcare, and hospitality. ISO 22000 certification is increasingly being adopted by businesses and in Tanzania, it has gained popularity in recent years.
To help you comply with ISO 22000 certification in Tanzania, we have compiled the following list of tips:
- Develop a Good HACCP Plan: The management system is based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), which is a tool that helps to identify and manage food safety hazards in products. A HACCP plan will help to identify ways to manage these hazards and prevent them from affecting consumers.
- Validate Your Suppliers: It’s important to select suppliers who can provide safe products.
- Product Compliance: Ensure that your product complies with food safety, food quality, and regulations. It is crucial to observe the laws of the country where the product is manufactured and the intended destination.
- Food Premises and Process Compliance: All food premises and processes need to comply with Government Food Laws and Regulations. This is to ensure all food, including beverages, is safe for human consumption and will not cause any harm to consumers.
- Food Safety Training is Essential: Your staff will need Food Safety training. Food Safety training comes in all shapes and sizes. Ranging from basic food safety training for all food handlers to more advanced courses for supervisors, managers, HACCP teams, QA and QC managers, and top management.
Why you choose Factocert for ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania?
Factocert understood the ins and outs of the certification system and has helped us through every step in their dedicated ISO team. I am proud to say that our factocert has been certified and is currently in the process of being audited.
We are lucky that Factocert to have secured us this achievement and I would strongly recommend them to other business owners in Tanzania looking to achieve ISO 22000 certification in Tanzania.
For more information visit : ISO 22000 Certification in Tanzania