ISO 22000 Certification in the Netherlands ensures that your business follows strict guidelines and best practices in food safety management.
If you sell food, it’s essential to make sure that your customers can have confidence in your products by ensuring that they were prepared and handled safely throughout the process of getting from farmer to table.
Food Safety Legislation:
- In 2009, new food safety legislation was passed in the Netherlands, including an amendment requiring businesses with a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) to register it.
- Companies must have an FSMS certified by a third-party agency to meet these standards.
- And suppose your business does not have an FSMS certified by ISO 22000:2005 or BRC-22000 (business registration certification).
- In that case, you will need to ensure that your facility is compliant with local laws and obtain both ISO-22000 and BRC certifications before operating.
The Importance of a Food Safety Management System in the Netherlands:
- Food safety is a priority for both food manufacturers and their customers, which is why food producers need to be aware of two key elements:
- government regulations
- potential customer concerns
- Currently, companies in Europe need an adequate Food Safety Management System (FSMS) that adheres to ISO 22000 Certification Standards if they want their product to be considered safe by regulatory bodies.
- In other words, those who don’t follow these guidelines are subject to fines and penalties if something goes wrong.
How is ISO 22000 Different?
- Well, what is it, and why is it different? First of all, as a country heavily dependent on food exports (net agricultural exports account for roughly 25% of total exports), The Netherlands has been at the forefront of the food safety management system.
- The country’s highly educated workforce and progressive culture were two significant reasons for the quick adoption of international standards. As a result, The country quickly adopted ISO 22000 Certification in the Netherlands to ensure that exported goods were safe and met quality requirements.
- This early commitment was essential in creating consistency across various businesses exporting food products from multiple companies globally, which has contributed significantly to gaining recognition from more prominent business leaders worldwide.
Do I need an ISO 22000 certification?
- The ISO 22000 Certification in the Netherlands is one of the essential certifications you can earn as a food business owner.
- It’s also quite complicated, and you must understand what it entails.
- ISO 22000 Certification in the Netherlands improves the organization’s ability to offer and provide food worldwide.
- ISO 22000 Certification boosts the trust fund between the supply chain, stakeholders, and end-users.
- Organizations can enhance the techniques to manage food safety risks with ISO 22000 Certification in the Netherlands.
Why choose Factocert?
Factocert is one of the leading ISO consultants in the Netherlands. We provide the best ISO 22000 certification auditors in Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Delft, and other major cities with consultation, implementation, documentation, certification, audit, and other related services across the world at an affordable cost. For more information, visit: www.factocert.com or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.